Best wishes of Onam!
Today is the festival of Onam, a festival of remembering the ultimate sacrifice of the King Mahābali who gave away the enormous wealth and the kingdom of all the three worlds to keep his word, as told in the scriptures. Here’s something to be learnt from his character. It has been one of those Indian ethos to be bound by the promise once made. The king knew what the consequences would be. He was even advised by his guru Shukrāchārya. But he remained firm on his stand.
What we can learn from Bali:
1) Not to make false promises.
2) Once given, keep the words.
3) Be firm on what is right at any cost.
4) Devotion for the principles.
5) Ability to identify and choose the right.
May we learn and practise the above five principles as special doctrines to be implemented throughout!
We wish you a good time! 🙂